Jesus, My Healer – Volume 4, Part 5
November 26, 2023
This fourth volume will continue to build on an important observation we made about receiving healing from Jesus:
- Receiving healing (or anything else) from Jesus requires faith.
- Strong faith requires that the Scripture reside deep within us.
- To benefit us, the Scripture must reside in our hearts (not merely in our heads).
Why People Receive Different Results (when they desire healing—or anything else from Him)
People receive different results from God because they have different relationships to the Word.
Your relationship to the Word is based on how well it settles in your heart.
- The heart contains our deepest levels of thought, emotion, and conviction.
- When something takes root in your heart, it affects your entire life. [Proverbs 4:23 (ESV): 23 Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life.]
The Word that Gets Snatched
Matthew 13:18–19 (ESV): 18 “Hear then the parable of the sower: 19 When anyone hears the word of the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what has been sown in his heart. This is what was sown along the path.
- Acts 8:26–31 (ESV): 26 Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Rise and go toward the south to the road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” This is a desert place. 27 And he rose and went. And there was an Ethiopian, a eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure. He had come to Jerusalem to worship 28 and was returning, seated in his chariot, and he was reading the prophet Isaiah. 29 And the Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and join this chariot.” 30 So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?” 31 And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.
- Hebrews 11:6 (ESV): 6 And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.
- Matthew 13:31–32 (ESV): 31 He put another parable before them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed that a man took and sowed in his field. 32 It is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is larger than all the garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.”
- Matthew 17:19–20 (ESV): 19 Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not cast it out?” 20 He said to them, “Because of your little faith. For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you.”
- You set the borders of your faith with your mind and your mouth.
- If you want your faith to move mountains, you must put the Word in your mind and your mouth. [John 15:7 (ESV): 7If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.]
- Psalm 119: 9 (ESV): 9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word.
The Word with No Root
Matthew 13:20 (ESV): 20 As for what was sown on rocky ground, this is the one who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy,
Matthew 13:21 (ESV): 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures for a while, and when tribulation or persecution arises on account of the word, immediately he falls away.
- Psalm 1:1–3 (ESV): 1Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; 2 but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. 3 He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.
The Word with No Fruit
Matthew 13:22 (ESV): 22 As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful.
The Word that Bears Fruit
Matthew 13:23 (ESV): 23 As for what was sown on good soil, this is the one who hears the word and understands it. He indeed bears fruit and yields, in one case a hundredfold, in another sixty, and in another thirty.”
What is Scriptural Mediation?
Reading, Talking, Listening, Pondering, Reflecting Day and Night
Healing School with Creflo Dollar – April 25, 2019
Wednesday Service – How to Take Possession of Your Healing
What Happens When Fear Becomes Bondage – Sunday Service
My Testimony of Divine Healing from Multiple Sclerosis
Nona Jones: Persistence in Prayer Strengthens Your Faith | FULL EPISODE | Better Together TV
Healing School with Andrew Wommack – April 20, 2017
You’ve Already Got It | Andrew Wommack | LW
Healing Scriptures with Dodie Osteen EXTENDED VERSION | April Osteen Simons
Healed of Cancer! The Testimony of Dodie Osteen (1987)
Dodie Osteen & Joel Osteen: Whatever You Need From God, Ask Him | Praise on TBN
Purchase Kenneth Hagin’s Healing Classics in downloadable form or CD form. Discs 3-6 are particularly valuable.
© Joshua D. Smith, Ph.D., 2023