Divine Healing In The Age Of Corona- Part 4
November 22, 2020
- Last week, we continued to build a foundation for a belief in divine healing.
- This series has two objectives:
- To demonstrate that developing faith for divine healing is biblical, practical and beneficial.
- To foster reasonable expectations for divine intervention in the healing and recovery of your physical body.
- Receiving divine healing has everything to do with seeing Jesus .
- When we can see the God that heals in , we can receive healing from Him, like so many people did when Jesus walked physically on the earth.
Old School Faith Still Teaches Lessons
- People in the Old Testament had faith in a Jesus they saw from afar (Hebrews 11).
- The Children of Israel
- The prophets
- Countless unnamed people
- The fact that unnamed people are on this list speaks to how the supernatural was and is to people with no noted spiritual gifts.
- Both the named and unnamed people in the “hall of faith” are the same way. (Hebrews 11:13).
- What were the things promised?
- Christ and His
- Genesis 3:15
- Jude 1:14
- Genesis 12:2-3
- Galatians 3:8
- Deuteronomy 18:15
- Deuteronomy 18:17-18
- Micah 5:2
- Isaiah 7:14
- Isaiah 9:6-7
- Isaiah 53:1-5
- Daniel 7:13-14
- The faith of all of these famed Old Testament saints was rooted in a preincarnate . (Hebrews 11:24-26).
- faith accomplished supernatural things (Hebrews 11:32-38)
- Who could look at what Old Testament believers accomplished in Christ and not imagine that by having faith in Christ today, one could also be ?
- This is what is fascinating about the Old Testament saints: they accomplished supernatural exploits with less and manifestation Christ and His work. (Hebrews 11:39-40).
New School Faith is Just Old School Faith Remixed
- We can accomplish the by adopting the same faith that our spiritual ancestors did (Hebrews 12:1-2).
- We have a privilege that our spiritual ancestors did not: the capacity to go to Jesus and boldly when faced with problems that require supernatural intervention (Hebrews 4:15-16).
- The faith of Old Testament saints puts the woman with the issue of blood in (Mark 5:25-34).
- Ultimately, faith is essential to pleasing God. (Hebrews 11:6)
- However, the faith discussed here is not a faith for things, but a faith in .
© Joshua D. Smith, Ph.D., 2020