Divine Healing In The Age Of Corona- Part 5
November 29, 2020
- Last week, we continued to build a foundation for a belief in divine healing.
- This series has two objectives:
- To demonstrate that developing faith for divine healing is biblical, practical and beneficial.
- To foster reasonable expectations for divine intervention in the healing and recovery of your physical body.
- Receiving divine healing has everything to do with seeing Jesus .
- Jesus was in the Old Testament.
Jesus Preaches about How the Old Testament Scriptures Makes Him Visible
- John 7:38
- Luke 24:13-49
- Jesus is emphatic: you can cultivate faith in Him from the .
- You won’t trust who He is if you don’t trust what He says (Luke 6:46).
- This is why we’re admonished to mediate in the Word and .
- Joshua 1:8
- Psalm 1:1-3
- The faith of all of these famed Old Testament saints was rooted in a preincarnate .
- faith accomplished supernatural things (Hebrews 11:33-35).
- This is what is fascinating about the Old Testament saints: they accomplished supernatural exploits with less and manifestation of Christ and His work. (Hebrews 11:39-40).
New School Faith is Just Old School Faith Remixed
- We can accomplish the by adopting the same faith that our spiritual ancestors did (Hebrews 12:1-2).
- We have a privilege that our spiritual ancestors did not: the capacity to go to Jesus and boldly when faced with problems that require supernatural intervention (Hebrews 4:15-16).
- The faith of Old Testament saints puts the woman with the issue of blood in
- Mark 5:25-43
- Mark 6:1-6
Faith is About Who, Not What
- Ultimately, faith is essential to pleasing God. (Hebrews 11:6)
- However, the faith discussed here is not a faith for things, but a faith in .
© Joshua D. Smith, Ph.D., 2020