JAMES 4:6-7 NKJV
(6). But He gives more grace. Therefore He says: “God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
- While God promises to us more grace, He gives it to the , not the .
(7). Therefore, submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.
- Faith in crisis will require us to humble ourselves and to the
ISAIAH 38:1-9 NKJV
(1). In those days Hezekiah was sick and near death. And Isaiah the prophet, the son of Amoz, went to him and said to him, “Thus says the LORD: ‘Set your house in order, for you shall die and not live.’ ”
(2). Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed to the LORD,
- Hezekiah to the when he realized God was reaching out to him. Hezekiah didn’t take offense to what God said.
(3). and said, “Remember now, O LORD, I pray, how I have walked before You in truth and with a loyal heart, and have done what is good in Your sight.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly.
(4). And the word of the LORD came to Isaiah, saying, “
- Hezekiah out for God’s .
(5). Go and tell Hezekiah, ‘Thus says the LORD, the God of David your father: “I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will add to your days fifteen years.
- Hezekiah most likely wasn’t to God about his sickness. He may have the inevitable.
(6). I will deliver you and this city from the hand of the king of Assyria, and I will defend this city.” ’
(7). And this is the sign to you from the LORD, that the LORD will do this thing which He has spoken:
(8). Behold, I will bring the shadow on the sundial, which has gone down with the sun on the sundial of Ahaz, ten degrees backward.” So the sun returned ten degrees on the dial by which it had gone down.
(9). This is the writing of Hezekiah king of Judah, when he had been sick and had recovered from his sickness:”
- Everyone on earth is being humbled in some way by this global pandemic crisis. The question we must ask ourselves … will you yourself before God and to the wall?
1 PETER 5:6 NKJV
(6). Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.
- Lord, I now myself and my heart to seek you with all my .