- We learned from The Incredibles movie that we are a of supers, but we learned from The Black Panther movie that we are a family of supers.
- Our big brother is the and has sent us to earth to conduct the business of the State—that is, the Kingdom of God (Hebrews 2:11)
- We are from heaven who represent the Kingdom of God to the earth (2 Corinthians 5:20).
- Specifically, we are to compel people to be to God on Christ’s behalf.
- However, as people from heaven who live on earth, sometimes it is to know how to live.
- When do we focus on our identity and when we focus on our one?
- How do you respond to this world’s needs without violating the principles of your home world?
You’re not from Here
- You’re not from here. You are from the one who you (John 17:16-18).
- Being sent is another way of saying you are an ambassador.
- Like contemporary ambassadors, the minute you are sent, you lose your to the (John 12:44-45).
- A sent one becomes the of the sender.
- The of the sent one comes from the sender (John 8:18).
- The sender is responsible for letting everyone know that the sent one is an representative of the sender.
- In the Kingdom of God, this validation comes from the .
- God sends His to rest upon and live within anyone who represents Him (John 1:29-34; John 15:26).
The Great Exchange
- Senders sent ones authority, power and identity.
- Sent ones their personal wills, words and works.
The Servant is not Greater than the Master
- If Jesus his own will to do the will of His sender, who are we not to do the same? (John 13:16)
- As the Father sent Jesus, Jesus has sent us (John 17:16-18).
The Love of the World
- Denying ourselves to do the will of our sender would be easy if there were no worldly .
- The promises the life, but as defined by humans.
- Scripture promises , the God life.
- The God life is the life, but as defined by God (John 10:10).
- We find the God life in .
- We follow Him by listening to His (John 10:27).
- Jesus communicates to us through the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit in us and in .
- Hence, the voice of Jesus is in the .
- The voice of the world is in our .
- The world serenades our and causes us to fall in love with it.
- When we fall in love with the world, we put good and bad in the wrong .
- John warns us about this deception (I John 2:15-17).
- The world’s offer is convincing because it on the .
- The world offers the most direct connection to the things that give us pleasure, satisfaction and boosted .
- However, what the world offers is and becomes less satisfying with each .
- The God life is eternal, but also requires you to trust that is a better judge of what is for you than you are.
Seeing the World Through the Eyes of the Father
- Ironically, we’re called to the world, but with a love that is from outside the world (John 3:16)
- You can’t use the love that comes from the world to it.
- The world can only be saved with love that comes from outside of it, which is the Love of the .
- God expresses His Love through His , but the Spirit feels to the world.
- The same Spirit that cares for followers of Jesus convicts sinners of their wicked ways (John 16: 7-11).
- The Holy Spirit lives in us and helps us express God’s love to sinners.
- God’s message of love to sinners is to be reconciled to God (John 3:16-19, 1 Corinthians 5:20)
- The primary way that we should be relating to the world is to them to be reconciled with God.