Not of This World – Part 3
November 17, 2019
- You’re not from here. You are from the one who sent you (John 17:16-18).
- The one who sent us is . The one who sent Him is the .
- The sent us the Holy Spirit at Jesus’ request (John 14:15-17).
- The Holy Spirit tells everyone that you belong to and that you have God’s stamp of approval (Mark 1:9-11).
- This is a both a and a problem. Why?
- The world hates (John 15:18-19).
- Because the world hates Jesus, the world hates the of Jesus.
- The world hates anyone it cannot claim as its .
- When the world expresses its hate of Jesus and His followers, it is actually Satan’s hate being expressed them.
- Just as God has His , Satan has his ambassadors (Matthew 24:4-5, Matthew 24:23-24).
What Do We Do with Kanye West?
- Saul (who became the apostle Paul) was also once a new convert who the church did not (Acts 9:19-30).
- Paul spent years in isolation and consulted with leaders of the church before launching a ministry (Galatians 1:15-23).
- Paul’s reputation had to precede him before he was received—and that took !
- Even after Paul was received as an , he battled with the shame of his past life (I Corinthians 15:3-10).
- There are criteria for people who oversee spiritual (I Timothy 3:2-7).
- These are qualities that can only be cultivated over .
- Hence, people who oversee spiritual sheep should not be new .
- Because of God’s , time is a great way to measure whether something is of (Psalm 37:25).
- If it’s of God, it (Acts 5:33-39)
- Beware of people who attach themselves to (Acts 16:16-19).
- However, regardless of the motive, we can rejoice whenever the is preached (Philippians 1:15-18).