(Parable of the Wedding Feast, Matthew 22:1-11)
One of the take-aways from this story is the significance of royal protocol.
There is a way that you behave in the presence of a and respond to his wishes.
Many give more honor to than they do to God.
The Power of “Together”
What does “together” mean in a pandemic?
What does “together” mean when some people attend church in person and others stream the service online?
The King has calls us to a celebratory gathering in His Son’s honor every week.
How do we properly respond to the king’s request given the fluctuating dynamics of the pandemic?
Lessons from the Film Industry
Devotion and Collaboration vs. Affiliation and Transaction
Markers of Devotion in Church Gatherings
- Merely attending or viewing the church service does not mean we are devoted.
- Devotion is not only measured by whether we stream or attend, but and we stream or attend.
Is the service a tool of access or a tool of convenience?
The online service is a tool of access if you use it because of circumstances.
The onsite service is a tool of access if you use it to plug into God’s spiritual .
- Grace gifts (Romans 12:6-8)
- Gifts of the Spirit (I Corinthians 12:8-10)
- Ministry Gifts (Ephesians 4:8-12)
The online service is a tool of convenience when you use it because you .
The onsite service is a tool of convenience when you use it strictly to accommodate your .
Do you have preexisting conditions?
- For people who lack , and , passive consumption can accelerate their drift away from the faith.
- If we are not vigilant, passive consumption can create a false sense of spiritual .
Are you participating in a plan for spiritual growth?
The Limits of Technology
- When you only stream, people have to work harder to find you and you have to work harder to be seen.
The Limits of a Church Service
- A church service does not do the spiritual work for you.
- You are not radically transformed just because you are present.
More on Streaming
The streaming model can be an effective tool when those who wield it possess strong spiritual .
When mature Christians stream, they have to actively work against the perpetual invitation to be a
Gut Checks About Onsite Attendance
The false spiritual security of onsite attendance (Matthew 15:8-9)
- Christian Status
- People Pleasing
- Church Position
Christian gathering should be more than a habit; it should be a .
© Joshua D. Smith, Ph.D., 2021