Insights from the Looking Glass
God’s responses to us our responses to Him.
Your church experience is a reflection of you.
Seeking God is a Practice
To seek God means to give expression to a heart that says, “Lord I want to be with you, I want to worship you and, and I want to learn from you.”
When a heart bent towards God expresses itself, God “receives” ministry.
This is not because we are adding to God, but because He is adding to us.
God is looking for people who are looking for Him (John 4:23)
People who minister to God:
- spend time with Him regularly (devotion).
- acknowledge they can do nothing without Him (waiting and praying).
- thank Him for What He’s done (praise).
- attribute the highest good to Him (worship).
- come to Him with a heart open to receive from Him (humility).
The Rewards of Seeking God
The best thing God can give you is . (Hebrews 11:6)
God rewards us with his
- Seeking God does not make Him more present than he already is—He just becomes more present to us.
- When we seek God, He shows us more of Himself.
- The worship “experience” does not begin until God shows up.
- When we seek God, we’re seeking an with Him.
- Psalm 27:4
- Psalm 16:11
God rewards us with His .
The Gift of God’s Words
God expresses his thoughts in words.
God’s words reveal in the form of wisdom, knowledge and understanding.
When we minister to the Lord, He .
The cheat code to Proverbs: the key to seeking is seeking God.
Acts 13:2 (NKJ)
I Samuel 3:1
I Samuel 3:10
© Joshua D. Smith, Ph.D., 2021