The human drama behind the birth of Jesus draws attention to the fact that Jesus began his human life as baby, not as a full-grown man.
Insights From Discover Magazine
Jesus, the Ultimate Adulting Example
Though he was God in the flesh, Jesus had to be parented. He could not raise Himself.
1 Corinthians 13:11
Jesus went from one stage of human development to another, just like every other human.
Jesus’ growth and development was facilitated by the influence of adults who were further along in their human developmental process both naturally and spiritually.
Jesus Grew Up So We Could Grow Up
Jesus was made like us so that we could be made like Him
If Jesus needed the influence of human adults to develop spiritually, then we certainly do.
- Discipleship is spiritual parenting.
- You invest in spiritual children like you invest in natural children.
- Making disciples requires intentionality.
- Discipleship won’t happen just because there is church activity.
- Don’t confuse activity with productivity.
- Don’t confuse popularity with productivity.
Jesus prayed all night. We’re going to pray all month.
5 Phases of Discipleship
© Joshua D. Smith, Ph.D., 2021