- Our theme this month is about .
- The Holy Spirit gives us superpowers, but we learned that God has not called us to be superheroes by .
- We are part of a of supers.
- But we learned last week that we are not just part of a family of supers, but of a family of supers.
- Our big brother is the and has sent us to earth to conduct the business of the State—that is, the Kingdom of God.
- We are from heaven who represent the Kingdom of God to the earth.
- However, as people from heaven who live on earth, sometimes it is to know how to live?
- When do we focus on our identity and when we focus on our one?
Seeing the Earth in Heaven
- Our earthly will clearly play a role in heaven because the Scripture talks about a multicultural worship service (Revelations 7:9-12)
- God is not blind. He not only talks about our differences, but also values the of our praise.
- So human culture, by the Lord, will participate in the worship of God in the new heaven and earth.
- So we know what we will do with human culture in heaven, but what do we do with it on ?
- How do we respond to problems, many of which come from the conflicts between nations, tribes, races, and languages.
- The Black Panther movie helps us think about this because the royal family members of Wakanda ask themselves a similar question: How do you respond to this world’s needs without violating the principles of your home world?
Superheroes Do The Detective Work
- In the movie, the needs of this earthly life are represented by the needs of an child named Erick Stevens, who later becomes Killmonger.
- He is by his father, his extended family, his country, and his culture.
- But Erick also represents an entire community, the community.
- African-Americans have also been .
- Erick Stevens not only represents African-Americans, but also other people who have ancestors in Africa and were affected by slavery. This includes people who live in Latin America and the Caribbean Islands.
- When we talk about people who traveled to other countries in slave ships, we’re talking about the African diaspora.
- A diaspora is a or a migration that is usually involuntary.
- The African diaspora is about Africans taken from Africa against their and forced to work for people in other countries.
Superheroes Do The Dirty Work
- Supeheroes clean up the .
- So what’s the dirty work in this situation?
- Telling the (John 8:32)
- All of this happened because of .
- Colonization is -stealing.
- A colonizer is a person who steals and everything in it—the land, the money, and the people.
The Ten Commandments
1-Only Worship God
“You shall have no other gods before Me.”
2-Don’t worship idols
“You shall not make for yourself a carved image…”
3-Use God’s name to worship, not to curse
“You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain…”
4-Rest and worship God on His special day
“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.”
5-Obey your parents
“Honor your father and your mother…”
“You shall not murder.”
7-Only be married to one person
“You shall not commit adultery.”
“You shall not steal.”
“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.”
10-Don’t be greedy or jealous
“You shall not covet…anything that is your neighbor’s.”
- You must to the truth.
“What Would You Have Wakanda Do About It?”
Proverbs 31:8-9, Proverbs 31:20
“If you let the refugees in, they bring their problems with them”