- Last week, we discussed some truths.
- Superheroes must do work and they must do work.
- Superheroes must the truth and then it.
- This is “dirty” work because “all truth is ” (A.R. Bernard).
- Truth requires a, which is why people try to avoid it.
- While responding to the truth may be painful, truth is what makes possible.
- One indicator of is the capacity to talk about and listen to difficult truths without fear, anxiety, guilt, anger, defensiveness and other emotions.
- The moment does not provide enough information to effectively diagnose and respond to racial problems.
- problem-solving requires a perspective.
- When you think of history, think of .
- In a story, “the opening events that set your story in motion are pivotal. They set the tone and mood, establish key details of character and setting (time and place), and build intrigue” (https://www.nownovel.com/blog/inciting-incident/)
- Every good story has an incident.
- “The inciting incident is an episode, plot point or event that hooks the reader into the story. This particular moment is when an event thrusts the protagonist into the main action of the story” (https://www.nownovel.com/blog/inciting-incident/).
- What is the inciting incident in the story?: .
- Colonization is .
- You describe a colonizer the same way Jesus described the (John 10:10).
- Our current problems are what you inherit when you build a country on .
- Today we follow patterns put in motion by .
- Just as campaigns invisibly direct our behavior, we are also shaped by forces put into motion over 500 years ago.
- When people dismiss the poor and oppressed, God takes this .
- Responding to the needs of the poor and oppressed is so important to God that He has turned it into a policy.
- Kingdom ambassadors are commissioned to and on behalf of the poor and oppressed.
Kingdom Policies on Poverty and Oppression
Proverbs 31:8-9, Proverbs 31:20
“If you let the refugees in, they will bring their problems with them”
Proverbs 19:7, Proverbs 19:17
“The best the design group has to offer”
Three Different Kinds of Rivers
Public (I Cor. 12)
Private (I Cor. 14: 2, 4)
Prophecy, Tongues Interpretation
Word of knowledge, Word of Wisdom, Discernment of Spirits
musterion = unveiled secrets
Faith, Gifts of Healings, Working of Miracles
Live under the influence
The Lord, our fortress! He protects His ambassadors
I Corinthians 14:4
Don’t Forget Who Brought You To The Party!
II Chronicles 26:3-4, II Chronicles 26:15-16
Walk in the Spirit!
“Hello, I can see you”
God chose the weak things to show His strength
II Timothy 2:3-4
“We had to maintain the lie”
The outpouring of the Spirit on all flesh
Acts 2:17-18/Joel 2:28-29
I Corinthians 1:25-29